- Installing the ModAPI SDK How to install Visual Studio, the ModAPI SDK, and how to receive updates.
- C++ Basics #1: Variables & Functions
- C++ Basics #2: Control Flow, Conditions, Loops
- C++ Basics #3: Header and Source, Includes
- C++ Basics #4: Namespaces, Structs, Classes
- C++ Basics #5: Data Containers The basic data containers: vector, map, set, stack, queue.
- ModAPI SDK Basics: Debugging How to debug your mods using Visual Studio.
- ModAPI SDK Basics: The main file, dllmain A basic guide of the
dllmain.cpp file of ModAPI projects.
- ModAPI SDK Basics: IDs & Hashes How Spore identifies files, folders, properties,...
- ModAPI SDK Basics: Objects & Pointers Handling memory and pointers in Spore using Objects.
- ModAPI SDK Basics: Strings How strings and text are used in the ModAPI.
- The cheat console How to print text to the console and add new cheats.
- Detouring How to redirect Spore methods.
- Swarm: The effects system How to spawn effects.
- How to enter into the editor How to use an EditorRequest to access an editor.
- Game Modes & Cameras How to create new game modes and cameras.
- Math, transforms and random numbers A quick overview of the main functionalities of the Math namespace.
- Messaging The messaging system is used to communicate different parts of the code.
- Models How to display models.
- Properties & .prop files How to read and write .prop files, the most common Spore file format.
- Resources & Input/Output How to access file data from
- Introduction to the Simulator How to iterate Simulator objects and create new instances.
- Interacting with the Simulator An overview of the most important Simulator functions.
- Creating space tools How to add custom functionality to space tools.
- Interacting with the Sporepedia How to show the Sporepedia to the player.
- User Interface How to load user interface elements to Spore and react to them.
dllmain.cppfile of ModAPI projects.